Operation and Maintenance
Trunk Transmission Integrated Stability Control System (ISC)
On-line Transient and Frequency Stability Control System that Make Full Use of ICT
- Drastic-changes in the power system as a result of large penetration of DER and Increasing stability problems due to the interconnection of large power plant to the local power system
- Assuming that it will be difficult to deal with the conventional single-function system
- Developed an advanced SIPS (System Integrity Protection Schemes) that makes full use of ICT and grid stabilization technology to realize a stable power supply in a short construction period and low cost
- Dealing with large penetration of DER (Refinement of control amount by pre-calculation control and additional control)
- Cost reduction by streamlining equipment
- Operation reduction of operators
- When a fault occurs in the power system, the ISC system trips the unstable generators instantly (The solution for the transient stability problem).
- When a separation is detected in the power system, the ISC system trips the surplus generators or sheds the surplus demand (The solution for the frequency stability problem).
- Recognize the power system configuration in real time and automatically change operation settings.