Operation and Maintenance
IEC 61850-based Substation Automation System
Cost Effective and Flexible Substation Automation System
- (Specification) Incompatible between other manufacturers’ devices.
- (Operation) No way to full use of available data (storage, utilization).
- (Cost) Equipment and labor cost reduction and shortening construction period are required
System standardization by applying IEC 61850 and using IED*1 and SCADA.*2
*1 IED: Intelligent Electronic Device
*2 SCADA: Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition
*3 SAS: Substation Automation System
- Cost and manpower reduction (15% reduction compared with existing replacement method)
- Reduction of total amount of cupper cable laying.
- Compatibility between other manufacturers’ devices.
- Screens (layouts) of SCADA are customizable to user’s needs.
- This substation automation system has functions such as control, protection relay, automatic switching control of ncoming feeders.
- SCADA provides not only real-time monitoring and control, but also efficient system operations such as collecting quipment operation history, automatic measurement.
- Our first SAS project was commissioned in 2019.
- Several types of IEDs of manufacturers different from SCADA are introduced.
- This SAS were completed after repeating functional verification tests and update.
- New SAS will be introduced to substations in a few years.