Operation and Maintenance
IoT Application on Underground Transmission Line
Remote Condition Monitoring on Underground Power Cable in Manhole
To get into a manhole of underground transmission line takes a lot of time and effort such as opening / closing work of metal manhole cover, draining water, traffic control.
We have developed information-gathering system in manhole which the condition information on underground cable in manhole can be monitored without getting into the manhole.
- Long-term use (yearly) with battery by adopting LPWA*
- Information can be get above ground without opening / closing metal manhole cover
- Possible to be installed under high humidity environment by boosting moisture proof performance
- Various information can be gathered by selecting sensors
* LPWA : Low Power Wide Area is a type of wireless telecommunication wide area network designed to allow long-range communications at a low bit.
Not only the above examples, various information can be gathered by selecting sensors.
We aim labor saving and cost reduction transmission and distribution maintenance works with IoT.