Procurement by Chubu Electric Power Grid
Basic Procurement Policy
Chubu Electric strives to procure the best materials and equipment at the most reasonable prices. We furthermore seek to fulfill our corporate social responsibility (CSR) to the environment and the community through our procurement initiatives. In accordance with these principles, Chubu Electric bases its procurement methods on the following six-part basic policy.
- We perform our work duties in strict compliance with all laws, rules and corporate ethics.
- We practice respect for human rights (prohibit child labor and forced and compulsory labor, avoid discrimination, etc.), carefully manage personal and confidential information, protect intellectual property rights, and so on.
- Understanding that safety takes priority over all else, we endeavor to prevent occupational accidents and injuries and ensure public health and safety.
Mitigate Environmental Burden
- Cooperating with our suppliers, we work to mitigate environmental burden by practicing green procurement, among other measures, and help to build and establish a recycling society.
Open Door Policy
- We provide access to both Japanese and foreign companies, based on our open door policy, so that we may do business with suppliers with superior technical expertise who can provide quality products and satisfactory service.
Fair and Honest Procurement
- We transact fair and honest business in the procurement of materials, equipment and so on, basing our decisions on economic rationality while assessing each supplier comprehensively for its prices, product quality, performance, safety, ability to meet delivery and construction deadlines, after-sale service, technical expertise, production capacity, business administration, safety management system and stance on corporate social responsibility (CSR), among others.
Work in Partnership
- At Chubu Electric, we regard each of our suppliers as an important partner with whom we seek mutual growth.
- Through open communication and fair and sincere transactions with our partner suppliers, we form stronger trust-based relationships and seek to cooperate with our suppliers to contribute to the sustainable development of society.